Cohort 3 of our innovation accelerator programme is live! We’ve welcomed another 7 start-ups onto the programme and want to introduce them all to you in this post.
Cohort 2 was a remarkable success, as we helped 8 of the 11 startups who took part enter business case review with Transport for Wales Rail upon successful completion of the TfWL accelerator programme.
We’re looking to continue that momentum and help as many start-ups as possible, scale-up and grow their business, through development of solutions to tackle a new set of challenge statements for cohort 3.
Let’s take a look at everyone taking part in cohort 3.
- Immersity – Their cloud-based XR Enterprise Studio solutions create a unique, rapidly deployable, and adaptable, experiential environment for operators & trainers inside existing mass-adopted desktop, VR, and mobile devices.
- Utility AR – Work with innovators in industrial sectors like Manufacturing, Pharmaceutical, Utilities, and Data Centres to unlock the potential of Augmented Reality applications.
- Quinean Systems– offer a low-code machine learning platform that allows domain experts to deploy digital twins, test hypotheses and optimise outcomes at speed.
- RoboK Ltd – Build efficient AI-based computer vision solutions to democratise safety in transportation.
- Jnction – Developing a multi-modal journey planner and passenger assistant app which aims to minimise stress for passengers with Autism and Hidden Disabilities, when using public transport
- Ingram Networks – Developing an ultra-fast train communications system to transform passenger WiFi, improving the customer experience and improve productivity for those wishing to work during their journey.
- Stofl Ltd – Developing infrastructure and solutions that combine Blockchain and Low-Power-WAN technologies, allowing machines to communicate and solve some of the world’s most pressing problems more efficiently, securely and in locations further afield than ever before.
Cohort 3 launched its 10 week-programme on Friday 11 June. The programme is covering a range of topics from ideation to stakeholder scanning, user testing and product development.
Start-ups will go from ideation and over the course of the 10-week programme, will have developed an MVP to pitch to TfW stakeholders.
Michael Davies, insight and innovation manager at TfW, said: “We’ve been so impressed with the high calibre of ideas that have been pitched to us over this stage of the programme. TfWL allows both local, Welsh companies, and those further afield to grow, develop and accelerate their business. Importantly, it also presents the opportunity to develop and fast track any new ideas that can make a meaningful difference to passenger experience across our network.”
Adam Foster, head of marketing and innovation specialist at Alt Labs said: “Both cohorts 1 and 2 have seen some great success not just for TfW but also for the startup community as well as the startup community in Wales. We’re looking to continue this momentum with cohort 3, tackling a different set of problems for TfW, while helping out a new group of start-ups grow their business and get their product to market.”
Follow The Programme
We will be releasing company profiles on each startup throughout the duration of the programme at https://tfwlab.wales/.
For the latest updates visit https://twitter.com/WalesLab